Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

planting totara

Planting totara
it was Saturday school for the week was over. this would be amazing because you could go see your friends. but sadly this was not the case thanks to lock down so i was bored at home until i saw my mum and dad up on top of the hill. I was curios so i went up to see what was going on. They were planting trees I asked if they needed help "we do not need it but if you wanna help you can" my mum said. I did because I did't have anything to do. First we needed to place the plants on the ground so when they grow they wont hit each other. Then we dug holes to put the plants in then we went and fulled in  the holes with dirt that we dug so we didn't need more dirt. as we were doing this i grabbed some water from inside because my dad was thirsty from digging the holes after that my job was taking  the plants to my dad who was digging the holes then my mum and sister were planting the trees ones we had finished on top of the hill we went to the bottom of the hill to plant the rest there weren't meany so i didn't need to help. so then I made a step then my sister joined then my mum then my dad. once we finished we went up to the hose and had some lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Riley. This sounds like a great day with your family. I think it is awesome when our family work outside together. What kind of trees did you plant? I'm sure your parents appreciated your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family day. Nice that you decided to help even though they didn't need it. You have written a detailed recount of exactly what you did.

    ReplyDelete